Founder & President
Roger has spent over 40 years envisioning and developing quality mixed use communities throughout North Carolina and Virginia. Providing expertise in master planning, negotiations and relationships, he is an active and integral part of each East West Partner project.
Roger began his development career in 1972 when he joined the Sea Pines Company at River Hills Plantation near Charlotte. He later moved to Richmond, Virginia to join the team at Brandermill where he became senior vice president of sales and marketing. In 1983 Roger returned to North Carolina to develop Woodcroft, an 800-acre community located in Durham near Research Triangle Park.
A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and The Executive Program at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, Roger has served and continues to serve on numerous boards and committees at the university including past Board Member of the UNC Health Care System, current Vice Chair of the Institute of Arts and Humanities Advisory Board, past two term member of the Board of Trustees, one as Chair. As Committee Chair of the UNC Buildings and Grounds committee, he was a part of approximately $2 billion in new construction for the University and the master plan approval of a new 250 acre research and mixed-use academic campus Carolina North. He also served as Chair for the $9 million renovation of Finley Golf Course. In 2013 he was awarded the William Richardson Davie Award by the UNC Board of Trustees in recognition of his dedication, commitment, loyalty and service to the University.
In addition to UNC, Roger serves as a Director and Treasurer for the Institute of Defense and Business Board of Directors and is a member of the Messer Board of Directors. He has served on many community boards including past Chair of both Triangle United Way and the Triangle Regional Council.
Roger, a native of Spring Lake, NC lives in Chapel Hill with his wife, Linda.
- Board Member UNC-Chapel Hill Foundation
- Past Board Member of the UNC Health Care System
- Current Vice Chair of the Institute of Arts and Humanities Advisory Board
- Past Two Term Member of the Board of Trustees (one as Chair)
- Board Member UNC-Chapel Hill Real Estate Co
- Board Member, McAllister Heart Center
- Board Member, Triangle Service Center Board of Research Triangle Park
- Board Member, Institute for Defense and Business
- Board Members, Messer
- Past Trustee and Past Chair, UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees
- Past Chair, Triangle Tomorrow Regional Council
- Past Chair, Triangle United Way
- Past Chair, Orange County United Way
- Past Campaign Chair, Orange County United Way
- Past Member, UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Visitors
- Executive Committee Member, Center for Real Estate at Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Former Executive Committee Member, Triangle YMCA Board
- Former Member, Triangle Board of Centura Bank
- Former Member, Young Presidents’ Organization
- Former Member, Chapel Hill Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Former Member, Wells Fargo Bank Board
- Past Member, North Carolina Progress Board